The world of supplements is very extensive and wide. To know which supplements everyone should take, you should always consult with a specialist before incorporating them into your diet.
More than half of Americans take one or more dietary supplements daily or frequently. Because they ensure that they get the nutrients needed for the proper functioning of the body or to improve health.
Here are the supplements everyone should take for good health.
Top 5 supplements everyone should take
Vitamin C is a nutrient found in foods such as citrus fruits, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli and spinach, i.e. mainly in fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is one of the supplements everyone should take most known globally due to its benefits.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that protects cells, produces collagen (the protein responsible for the healing process, elasticity and skin health).
The recommended amount of vitamin C per day is 75-90mg for an adult. But surely you have seen 1000mg supplements, would I be taking 10 times the recommended amount?
Yes, but since the body only absorbs a small portion, you don’t have to worry about anything.
These are the benefits of taking vitamin C:
- More energy: thanks to the fact that this vitamin helps us to absorb iron better, it provides energy to the body.
- Helps healing: with vitamin C we produce elastin, thus replacing damaged tissue. If you have acne marks, it will help to soften and heal them over time.
- Fades spots: reduces melanin and evens skin tone.
- Glowing skin: it improves blood circulation. Therefore your skin will get hydrated, your nutrients will be absorbed and you will get a shiny and healthy dermis.
- Sunscreen: although it is not like sunscreen, vitamin C acts as a defense against ultraviolet rays.
- Healthy nails: it strengthens the nails promoting their growth and hardness, to keep them healthy.
- Strong and silky hair: thanks to the stimulation of the hair follicle, which promotes hair growth, preventing dryness.
- Antioxidant: helps prevent degenerative diseases or heart disease. In addition, your immune system will be stronger.
Magnesium is a nutrient found in pumpkin seeds, brown rice, almonds, beets, chickpeas, pistachios and peanuts, among others.
The recommended daily amount of magnesium is 300 mg per day.
We summarize the health benefits of this supplement everyone should take:
- Natural relaxant: acts directly on the nervous system, causing a release of muscular and nervous tension.
- Prevents type 2 diabetes: because it regulates blood sugar levels.
- Strengthens bones and teeth: helps prevent tooth decay and osteoporosis, also helps the absorption of phosphorus and calcium in the bones.
- Protects the body: helps maintain the normal functioning of the body and supports our immune system.
- Against constipation: it treats constipation, as it is a natural laxative.
- Migraines: magnesium intake helps reduce the frequency and intensity of migraines.
Iron deficiency is super common nowadays, as normally either the body does not absorb this nutrient or we have a diet low in iron.
With increasing age, it is normal to have an iron deficit as the tendency to suffer from inflammation is greater and thus develop anemia, that is why it is part of our top 5 supplements everyone should take.
Foods rich in iron are: lean red meats such as veal or beef, clams, cockles, nuts such as hazelnuts, almonds, spinach and legumes.
The recommended amount of iron is: 8-18 mg daily.
The benefits of iron are:
- The formation of hemoglobin: throughout the day we lose iron through the blood, for example in women during menstruation. By producing hemoglobin, it transports the necessary oxygen from the organs to the tissues. A vital action for the body.
- Increased energy: a diet rich in iron helps fight fatigue and increase your energy.
- Strong immune system: your immune system is weak if you are deficient in iron, as this nutrient fights against diseases and infections.
- Essential for pregnant women: for the development and growth of the baby, a large amount of this mineral is lost. It is best to eat a diet rich in iron to prevent any problems during childbirth. Always consult a specialist.
- Strong muscles: iron is the main nutrient for muscles, it prevents them from deteriorating over time and helps oxygenation of the different parts of the body. It is essential for athletes!
Zinc is an essential trace element during human growth and development. It participates in the growth and division of cells. Therefore this is one of the reasons why it is part of the supplements everyone should take from a young age.
You can find it in shellfish such as crabs, oysters and lobsters, lean red meat, chicken, sardines, salmon and nuts.
Zinc is not absorbed in the same way by the body, which is why many people take these supplements. The recommended daily amount of zinc is 8-11 mg.
- Stimulates the immune system: thanks to zinc, the immune cells act correctly, since they activate the T lymphocytes.
- Development of the organism: as mentioned above, they help the growth and development of the human body. It stimulates bone formation and mineralization.
- Helps healing: contributes to the healing of wounds, helps promote collagen synthesis.
- Skin health: helps prevent acne, helps healing and relieves inflammation.
Omega-3 is a fatty acid that helps protect the heart. It is a fatty acid that the body does not produce on its own, so it must be obtained through food.
Foods that provide omega-3 are: fish such as salmon, tuna or sardines, chia seeds, nuts, algae and fish oils.
Experts recommend a daily intake of 250 mg.
- Decreases inflammation: omega-3 contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Prevents blood clots: omega-3 DHA and EPA have anticoagulant properties, preventing blood platelets from clumping together and impeding or hindering circulation.
- Improves skin quality: improves the appearance by providing greater hydration, keeps the skin soft and supple.
- Improved learning capacity: improves brain functions.
Many of these supplements everyone should take frequently, are absorbed differently, that is why doses are higher than the recommended, since only a part will be absorbed.
What are the benefits of taking dietary supplements?
Taking supplements as a support and an additional to our diet can be beneficial. From Greenfilled we recommend you to always consult with an expert.
Remember, never take more supplements than the amounts recommended by experts, an excess can lead to major problems and risks.
We hope you liked the post about the supplements everyone should take!